Thursday, September 21, 2006

Of Apples & Austin

My sister and I stayed up last night canning apple pie filling and apple butter whilst listening to Jane Austen's, Persuasion.
Last week we picked a lot of apples. The trunk of our Suburban (w/o the back seat) was packed with full to overflowing apple boxes. The Lord has blessed us abudantly in the area of apples this year! We have lots of tasty plans...
The first night we had apple crisp. The next night I made a pork roast with apples, carrots, and onions. To drizzle over the top of the roast I blended peeled & cored apples, lemon juice, and honey. We also had Sweedish Saffron Buns (aka. St. Lucia Buns) To say the least dinner was delicious!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such occupation sounds rather delightful! I do hope that all is well with you!